The Plainfield Historical Society archives contain artifacts from the earliest years of the Town's history to the present. The artifacts below are samples from our collection.

Note: Click on the image at left to see a larger version.

Artifact Description
Champion basketball team ca. 1930 -- click to enlarge
Photo by Leon Rogers

Champion Basketball Team Photo

The Plainfield Basketball Team members were Y.M.C.A. Sullivan County Champions in 1929 and 1930.

Meriden Community Band Hat -- click to enlarge
Photo by Leon Rogers

Meriden Community Band Hat

This hat belonged to Eldridge G. Fadden.

Plainfield's first plow -- click to enlarge.
Photo by Leon Rogers

Plainfield's First Plow

This plow was the property of Lieutenant Joseph Kimball of Plainfield, NH. It was brought to town by boat up the Connecticut River. The farm on which it was used was situated about one-half mile from the Lebanon town line. Joseph Kimball was a soldier in the Revolutionary War and participated in the battle at Fort Ticonderoga in 1776.

Applique quilt -- click to enlarge.
Photo by Leon Rogers

Applique Quilt

This quilt was made by the members of the North Plainfield Ladies Club. Each member signed the block which she prepared.

Bell from the Plainfield School -- click to enlarge
Photo by Leon Rogers

School Bell

This school bell came from the Plainfield Elementary School ca. 1950. The building now houses the Willam. A. Smith auction gallery.

Texaco Sign from the Plainfield General Store -- click to enlarge
Photo by Leon Rogers

Texaco Sign

The Plainfield General Store was also the town gas station for many years. This Texaco sign was on Route 12-A in the 1950's.

Wagon wheel wrench -- click to enlarge.
Photo by Leon Rogers

Wheel Wrench

Mr. French of Meriden patented this wagon wheel wrench.